“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”


Well today i was reading through some Dr. Suess quotes; which has become a habit of mine lately, and this one struck me. There is something so true about this quote.  If we as people were to live every day of our lives doing the same thing over and over with little to no "nonsense" I think we would be missing something. The is nothing like a little nonsense to make life interesting. Now I would not want any of you to confuse the type of nonsense that i am speaking of so let me describe to you what i think Dr. Suess and myself are referring to.


Nonsense ---- anything and everything that a child would think is fun, but we as adults have seemed to shrug off as immature or unneeded. Examples: frolicking through a field of flowers, playing in the bathtub, finger panting, dancing around the house with reckless abandonment, painting every finger nail a different color (just because you can), dressing in clothes that don't match, go all day with out looking at a clock ... 


This is my proposition to you ... embark on some... or all of this nonsense TODAY !!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment