REALLY?

Do you ever wake up in the morning and think to yourself... "Really, is this real life?" Well that is I woke up this morning to that statement rolling around in my head. This is will be my attempt at informing you why those words were my first thoughts this morning....

On Mother's Day my sweet superwoman of a mom took me to the hospital with kidney stones. Ugh -- I know right? If any of you have ever had kidney stones you know it is not fun at all! Well, the good news is that after a little rest and a lot of pain meds that stone (who I will form this point forward refer to as Fez --- thanks to my best friend) found a resting place that is not so painful. We are pretty sure that Fez has yet to leave me but for now, all is quite on the western front. Praise the Lord for that!

While I was recovering from the torture that Fez was putting me through ...I found out that my sweet Bana's, my grandmother, chemo was no longer successfully treating the cancer that had been attracting her body for the past months. For those of you who do not know my grandmother, she was one of the most active, helpful and loving women to see this earth. Just as my aunt Helen said--- She was one of the finest examples of a Proverbs 31 woman. After a couple of days in pain, the cancer that was trying to break her lost to a much more powerful force! Jesus Christ ushered my Bana in to heaven on Saturday morning and while we may cry for our loss here on earth, the trumpets are sounding and the angels are rejoicing in Heaven for its gain. If you are reading this (which is prob just my Mom, Aut and Matt at this point) then I would ask you to pray for my families continued strength in this situation.

Continuing on in my "really, is this real life?" explanation--- Last night after visiting with my Grandfather, Pa, with my best friend Aut, I returned home. Awaiting me at home was Mac, my dog, "squirting" (my mom's words for that was coming out of Mac's hinny) all over the place and unable to move his back legs! Mom was freaking out, but after some serious contemplation we figured out that Mac was not in pain and we would wait until the morning to take him to the vet. Mom and I and took Mac's bed to her room, spread out some towels and they went to sleep. At about 1:30A.M. Mom ran down the stairs holding Mac out saying "He is squirting all over the place" --- I am sorry I can’t help but laugh --- Lets all please take a second to picture my Mom, who was clearly sleeping mins prior to this, running down the stairs holding a "squirting" Yorkie straight out in front of her! It was quite a sight. After getting it all cleaned up we all went to bed. This finally brings me to my "really, is this real life?" moment this morning.

I wake up this morning to Mom holding Mac, whose legs are much better but hinny is still "squirting". Wait, hold it... that is not when the thought came --- it was directly after that when Mom proceeded to say in an agonizing voice...." I have a kidney stone"!!!! Yep, there it is! Cue "really, is this real life?" thought in my head.

I am not sure if you have had a day or a week or a month like this, but if you had I know how you would answer my question of, “Really, is this real life?" you would say to me exactly what I am saying to myself. Yes, yes it is real life but luckily this is not our home. So while all of these things seem so overwhelming and frightening right now... in light of eternity they are just things. So I leave you with two verses that Jesus is drilling into my worry filled head...



"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:33-34



"...Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment