HOLY not happy...

The most PRECIOUS flower girl ever!
"I don't want to get married because I want to stay with my Mommy and Daddy all day long"
Ash and Greggles ( Bride and Groom)

My Sorority FAM
Nattie and Katty
Since I last posted much has happened! I was blessed to have the opportunity to sing in one of my dearest friend's wedding! What a blast it was! Everyone was very laid back and chill and even though none of the musicians (there were four of us) had ever sang/ played the song all together after a couple of times through the song we were good to go ! I think a lot of the "laidbackness" (yes, that is now a word)of the bride and groom had to do with the fact that they both love Jesus with all of their hearts and they knew that the day wasn't about anything but bringing him glory!
So I think that God has been teaching me something ever since this past weekend ( Well, most likely, he has been trying to teach it to me for much longer I am just beginning to listen.) that so often I make decisions or evaluate decision on how I feel rather than on who God IS! Now I am not sure if any of you know what I am talking about, and if you don't then go with me for a second.
I am not feeling God so I assume that he is far from me. I am not feeling like I am going to have the money to go to school so I begin to doubt and configure a plan to get the money. I am not feeling loved by a friend so I think that maybe it is time to walk away from that friendship. I am not feeling love by my man so I assume God has made me feel like that as a sign that it isn't going to workout. I am not feeling like I am enjoying my Job so I assume it is because it is time from me to quit. Have any of you felt this way and as a result made these assumptions?
If you just shook your head yes... then I am right there with you. But here is what God has been knocking into my head lately. (I say knocking because most of that time that is what it takes to get me to listen). That life is less about how I feel and more about who God is. That the circumstances of my life as a follower of The Lord were not put into motion to make me feel happy but rather to make me HOLY. I am pretty positive that making a choice based on who God is rather than what I feel is a good thing --- considering that my feelings change like the wind, while God's character is UNCHANGING!
So to end this post that probably doesn't make much sense to anyone but me ... I will say this. Life is about choices not feelings. If we are consulting the unchanging God of the UNIVERSE that cares about us on these choices that we are making --- HE will show up and make himself known, even if it doesn't necessarily make us feel good, happy, or comfortable when we are experiencing it.

1 comment:

  1. i know what you are saying baby girl :) such a great discovery, and very very true. I love that you wrote about this, because I think we are both pretty " feeling" oriented, and it is good to know that we have SOMETHING that is absolute.

    ReplyDelete