The simple things.

sigh... sometimes the best things in life are the simple ones.. here are some simple things that have been bringing me joy lately!




My roommate's personal heater!
There is not much better than curling up on the couch to a good movie with this trusty thing by my feet.
I have full intentions of buying my own... but until then using hers will suffice.



Journaling.
This is something that I have always enjoyed... ever since I was a little girl ( my mom says), and to this day it is one of my favorite simple things. There is nothing like sitting down and writing all of my thoughts, hopes, dreams, frustrations, and praises in a book where it doesn't matter if I know how to spell of the big words that I like to use to portray my feelings... cause the only one who will see it is me and the King of my soul. 

...so much freedom in that! If you dont already journal... I encourage you to try it!




Candles.
Some people like candles because they are relaxing or for the soft light that they produce; however, if you know me you know that I enjoy them for the sweet aroma that they give off! 
There is nothing more sweet and simple than a good smelling candle to make a little college apartment feel like a home.





Coffee.

And while I love all coffee and usually do not discriminate against any type ... recently I have been enjoying a mixture of Dunkin' Donuts Original and Dunkin' Donuts French Vanilla. Yum.





Running. 

I am currently training for a half marathon and have really enjoyed my long runs lately. I have been leaving the ipod and the watch at home and just running... 
Now the scenery in this pic is not really what I am working with on my long runs, and my legs most likely dont look anything like this chick's... nevertheless running...   simply...    amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I would also like to add skittles to this list ! They are literally simple (cause they are made from sucrose which is a simple sugar) and sweet.

    ReplyDelete